The question of whether you can take Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 together quickly arises when you want to take multiple supplements. You should discuss with your doctor whether it makes sense to take vitamins and minerals in tablet form. Dietary supplements can cause significant harm.
Can you take vitamin D and vitamin B12 together?
Your metabolism is a complex structure that is sensitive to ailments. A vitamin or mineral deficiency can be one of these ailments. But an overdose of vitamins can also be harmful.
- A lot of vitamins and minerals are so-called essential substances. Your body urgently needs it for its functions. However, he cannot make them himself, so you have to get them from food. Vitamin D and B vitamins complement each other in their function and you can combine them.
- Vitamin D. it is important for the regulation of calcium metabolism and is involved in bone metabolism. It plays an important role in bone formation and strengthening.
- It is also known as the sunshine vitamin because your body can make the most of it with the help of sunlight. You can get the rest of the vitamin D you need from food by including fatty fish like herring or eel, veal or mushrooms in your diet.
- To die B-vitamin perform many tasks in the body: in addition to energy and protein metabolism, nervous tissue and immune system, vitamin B12 is involved in the formation of blood and the breakdown of fatty acids.
- You can get your B vitamins by consuming animal products like meat, fish, eggs, milk and dairy products. Plant sources of vitamin B are found in potatoes, peas, lentils, nuts, seeds, and vegetables such as spinach or asparagus.
Vitamin deficiency and dangerous food supplements
Paracelsus wrote the famous phrase “The dose alone makes poison!” pronounced. It means that even healthy things can be toxic in high doses. This also applies, for example, to some food supplements such as B vitamins.
- To die symptomsThere are many things you can achieve when you are vitamin deficient. They range from tiredness, tiredness, susceptibility to infections due to a weakening of the immune system to reduced well-being. They may also be less efficient and have difficulty concentrating.
- Sleep disturbances, frequent inflammation, headaches and migraines are also side effects of a vitamin deficiency. Muscle and back pain, fatigue, numbness, a sense of weakness, softening of the bones, osteoporosis and dry skin, brittle nails and hair loss are also possible.
- Since the symptoms are very numerous and sometimes very nonspecific, you should consult a doctorif you see these signs in yourself. With a blood test, it can determine a possible vitamin and nutrient deficiency in you.
- You shouldn’t take any dietary supplements without first consulting your doctor, as an overdose can be harmful if you’re not deficient. Vitamin B12 is suspected to increase the risk of lung cancer because it is an important factor in cell growth and as a result cancer cells can grow faster.
- The German Society for Nutrition eV (DGE) recommends that as an adult you should take a maximum of 4 mg of vitamin B12 per day. Most over-the-counter preparations available for sale as dietary supplements exceed this value many times over.