- How it was born uric acid in the body?
- Too much uric acid can jointsbut also ships And organs damage
- drug against gout
- Tips on how to deal with the appropriate nutrition it can lower uric acid in the body
uric acid it is a breakdown product that our body produces every day. The uric acid concentration is measured in the blood serum and must not exceed certain reference values. In addition to urea and creatinine, uric acid belongs to the so-called urinary substanceswhich must be excreted in the urine. They are therefore used as a marker for kidney health. In the case of increased values, various causes can be considered, which can lead to inflammatory reactions, such as eg gout, but it can also cause kidney and ureteral stones. In addition to genetic causes or other diseases, the food choices a major cause of too much uric acid in the body. Anyone who eliminates certain foods from their diet and eats a balanced diet can do their job Consistently lower uric acid levels.
How is uric acid formed in the body?
Uric acid is formed during the breakdown of Purinen. These are part of every cell and are required for genetic material and the construction of new cells. Over purine foods such as high-fat meats, certain types of fish or sugar-rich fruit, we absorb additional purines, which the body must also metabolize. The consumption of Fructose (fructose) are becoming more and more the focus of researchers. Because fructose is added to many food industry products, for example in the form of corn starch, for example to sweeten soft drinks. But also a Breakdown of cells in the body accumulate purines. This is particularly the case with chemotherapy.
It also contains uric acid positive effects and it is important for protection against free radicals. You act here like antioxidant, protects against free radicals and has a protective effect on tissues. From the so-called Hyperurikämie experts say when the concentration of uric acid in blood serum exceeds 6.7 mg / dl in women and 7.4 mg / dl in men. There are two different forms:
- Primary hyperuricaemia: This is one genetic disorder, which can affect both uric acid formation and uric acid excretion. Some enzymes important for uric acid metabolism function only to a limited extent.
- Secondary hyperuricaemia: Come here various diseases or effects of drug under exam. Blood formation disorders, blood cancer (leukemia), kidney disease, alcoholism, or dehydrating drugs (diuretics) can all lead to increased uric acid concentration.
Too much uric acid can damage joints, but also blood vessels and organs
Too much uric acid in the body doesn’t always lead to symptoms. However, if the concentration of uric acid continuous exceeds a certain limit, form uric acid crystals from which they are found in the tissues of the body to deposit being able.
gout belongs to most common inflammatory joint diseases in Germany. At the acute attack of gout the body tries to break down the uric acid crystals in the joint through an inflammatory reaction. The typical symptoms of inflammation then appear, such as overheating, swelling, redness and very intense pain. are common affected jointswhich are far from the center of the body and have less blood supply. Typically, the first acute attacks of gout appear in the metatarsophalangeal joint, followed by the knee, elbow, wrist, and finger joints. The freshness favors the precipitation of uric acid crystals, as well as the low pH of the tissues. So can too infections And physical effort trigger a gout attack. Patients with gout are typically male, overweight, and suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, or kidney dysfunction.
Complete treatment for joint pain & co .: for a set of 3 from Liebscher-Bracht *
Furthermore, there is a lot to suggest that too much uric acid is too Cardiovascular system and vessels can damage. Long before the first gout attack, crystallized uric acid can too development of kidney stones encourage and prevent drainage.
Due to the massive inflammatory processes in the body, doctors see the need for it Consistently lower uric acid levels. According to the “S2 Guidelines on Gouty Arthritis”, in the event of an acute attack of gout, the inflammation and pain must first be treated. The drug of choice in an acute gout attack Colchicine, a naturally occurring substance of the poisonous autumn crocus plant. Finding the dose is often difficult, however, as symptoms of poisoning can occur under certain circumstances.
After surviving a gout attack, with a long-term therapy be started to prevent a chronic course. However, drug treatment is also included side effects connected so that a detailed reconnaissance in a doctor-patient discussion significantly increases the success of the treatment.
Mostly so-called Uricostatic used, such as allopurinol or febuxostat. These inhibit an enzyme that reduces the formation of uric acid. There are also medications available increase uric acid excretion (uricosurics) such as probenecid or benzbromarone.
Advice on how to lower the level of uric acid in the body with the right diet
The upper limit of 500 milligrams of purines it must not be exceeded on a daily basis. A limit of 300 milligrams is recommended in acute gout attacks. A good overview of the uric acid content is provided by food table on gichtinfo.de. So that purine exposure remains low, a change of diet be very effective. You should notice the following tips:
1. Beware of vegetarian and alkaline excess foods Cost: The so-called DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension), which is based on a typical Mediterranean diet, is actually recommended for patients with high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. However, one study was able to show that a reduction in uric acid levels is also achieved. In general, the following foods should be on your menu:
- Vegetables, sour cherries, berries
- Low-fat dairy products, especially yogurt, quark and hard cheeses
- Organic eggs
- products made from cereals or flakes
- Potatoes, egg noodles, rice
2. Avoid foods rich in purines: It is important that you not too many purines at one time bring to you.For example, you shouldn’t combine high-fat meals with meat and alcohol. For example, it can be used as a guide that in 150 grams of meat or chicken contains about half the amount of purines you should be consuming daily – about 210 milligrams. But smaller portions of meat can also be prepared tasty, for example as cold cuts. At the same time it helps skin removal to save a lot of purines in fish, meat or chicken, just like avoiding high-fat sausages and offal. legumes And Soy products However, contrary to previous recommendations, they are in moderation (about 2 times a week) harmless.
3. Skip the fructose: The fructose contained in fruit usually presents no problems if you eat the whole fruit. sour cherries a uric acid lowering effect is also attributed. But also berries they are low in sugar. However, you should avoid dried fruit and agave syrup and especially finished products such as soft drinks, where Fructose as a sweetener is added. When fructose is broken down, uric acid is formed.
4. Drink enough: Two to three liters of water, unsweetened herbal and fruit teas, and coffee are recommended. This allows for better excretion of uric acid. how critical it is Alcohol to watch because it stimulates the formation of uric acid and at the same time inhibits excretion via the kidneys. Coffin, which in itself contains purines is considered the worst choice, even in the non-alcoholic version.
5. Maintain a healthy body weight: This helps protect the joints and, in combination with a healthy diet, reduce the concentration of uric acid. However, you should cures of radical fasting spaced This is because so-called ketone bodies are formed, which inhibit the excretion of uric acid. Also, due to the rapid reduction in body mass, more purines are broken down and the uric acid concentration increases.
6. Food supplements after consulting a doctor: A large-scale study suggests that the daily intake of 500 to 1,500 mg of vitamin C effective protection against gout. Researchers suspect that this inhibits inflammatory processes and reduces uric acid concentration. However, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You should also consult a doctor before taking high-dose dietary supplements.
A permanently elevated uric acid level has been shown to damage the jointsbut also the ships And internal organs. One is particularly painful gout attack, in which uric acid crystals are broken down by a strong inflammatory reaction. To keep uric acid so low that it can be completely excreted with urine, you should go to a vegetarian diet, low in fat and fructose respect, think well. The so-called DASH dietthose who aim for a long-term dietary change. In addition, taking high doses of C vitamin to effectively reduce uric acid after medical consultation.
Amazon Book Recommendation: How Not to Die – Discover Life-Extending Foods
More on the topic:
* Note: In the editorial office we are always looking for useful products for our readers. The links provided in this article and marked with a shopping cart symbol or an asterisk are so-called affiliate links / advertising links. If you click or make a purchase via one of these links, we receive a commission from the retailer. This doesn’t change the price for you. Our editorial reportage is fundamentally independent of the existence or amount of a commission.