These 5 foods are pure poison for dogs!

What Can Dogs Eat?

The metabolism of dogs is fundamentally different from our human being. What takes us and doesn’t cause problems can sometimes pose a serious health risk to dogs. Dogs are even so sensitive to certain foods that they can be life-threatening. “The dose makes the poison” also applies to dogs, but even relatively small amounts of certain foods can cause severe discomfort and symptoms of poisoning. If dogs have eaten food that is indigestible or even toxic to them, one or more of these symptoms usually become evident:

  • Diarrhea
  • He retched
  • Tremble
  • Aggression
  • dizziness
  • extremely strong salivation
  • blood in the stool

Interesting too: How to recognize heatstroke in your dog>>

These 5 foods are toxic to dogs!

  • onions: For us humans, onions are harmless and give many of our favorite dishes the right pizzazz. Onions are highly toxic to dogs. The sulfur compounds in onion can wreak havoc on the dog’s body and destroy red blood cells. Blood in the urine, dizziness and even toxic shock with fatal consequences are to be feared. Just five grams of onions per kilogram of body weight can cause severe poisoning for dogs. For particularly small and light breed dogs, even small amounts of onions can be dangerous. By the way, sulfur-containing ingredients are also found in garlic, leek, bear’s garlic or chives.
  • Raw pork: The Aujeszky virus belongs to the herpesvirus family, the natural host of which is the pig. However, the virus can also spread to other mammals, where it causes deadly infections. If dogs eat contaminated pork, they quickly develop brain and spinal cord infections. Nervous disturbances, severe itching and aggressive anger attacks occur. Aujeszky’s disease is always fatal in dogs. It is also called pseudo anger. While raw pork is not inherently toxic or unpleasant to dogs, it should be strictly off-limits due to the danger of highly contagious and deadly pseudo-rabies.
  • Steinobst: It is not the pulp of peaches, apricots, cherries etc. to be poisonous to dogs, but the fruit stones. These contain a lot of hydrogen cyanide, which can cause acute poisoning in dogs. If a dog grabs a plum and chews the stone, it can cause severe poisoning. But even if they are not chewed, stone fruit kernels are very dangerous for the health of dogs. Sharp edges can damage the esophagus or intestines. If internal injuries and bleeding occur, there is a risk of death. Fruit pits can also lead to intestinal obstruction.
  • chocolate and cocoa: Cocoa beans contain theobromine, which is very dangerous for dogs and can cause symptoms of poisoning such as vomiting, diarrhea, muscle cramps and difficulty breathing. Small amounts of theobromine are found in every chocolate. However, a particularly high amount of the cocoa substance is contained in dark chocolate, which has a high cocoa content. As much as your drop-loving four-legged friend would like to try your chocolate, don’t get weak and share it, as even small amounts of chocolate can be life-threatening for dogs.
  • cow milk: Cow’s milk is usually not digestible for dogs. Although cow’s milk is not toxic to dogs, snubbed fur noses are very sensitive to the lactose in milk. It can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating. Of course, cow’s milk cheese shouldn’t be fed to dogs.

On the video: Can your dog really eat bananas?

Leave a Comment