Granola bars or fitness bars are not only delicious and healthy, you can also easily make them yourself. Instead of expensive supermarket bars, we show you great recipes.
For some links in this article, BUNTE.de receives a commission from the dealer, so we can, for example, offer you special products at unbeatable prices. All links relevant to mediation are with a
Icon marked. Happy shopping
Make your own granola bars – the healthy snack for a break
If we get a little hungry in the meantime, we like to get ready-made snacks that don’t have to be prepared separately. A granola bar is often the first choice, especially since many people assume that a granola bar is a healthy snack. However, if you look at the ingredient list on a cereal bar at the grocery store, you’ll find that it’s not as healthy as you might have thought.
Sugar in particular is hidden in the form of various names such as sucrose, glucose or fructose syrup in many muesli and fitness bars, sometimes with an alarming percentage of up to 50%. Sweeteners are also often included, but truly healthy ingredients such as grains or nuts are represented in smaller proportions.
So, if you really want to have a healthy snack, you should pay close attention to the ingredients list when buying, or better yet: create your own healthy granola bar. So you can be sure that healthy ingredients are included. You can also design the bars according to your taste.
Homemade Granola Bars: You need it all
Making your own granola bars isn’t as complicated as you might think. In addition to the ingredients, all you need is an oven, a refrigerator, bowls and bowls, a baking tray, possibly a blender and molds for the granola bars.
You can easily make the bars in advance and possibly even freeze them, so you will always have a healthy snack at home.
By the way, the preparation of the bars is very fast. With just a few ingredients, you can create a delicious snack in 15-20 minutes. Below we show you four very simple recipes that you are welcome to try.
1. Protein bar: power for your muscles
Hazelnuts are not only delicious, they also provide valuable and healthy fatty acids. Plus, they make your protein bars super crunchy. If you prefer it fruity or want to eat less fat, you can substitute nuts with dried cranberries. If the bars aren’t sweet enough for you, refine them with some honey or agave syrup.
3 eggs, 100 g of oat flakes, 350 g of low-fat quark, 30 g of chopped hazelnuts or 30 g of dried cranberries, possibly 1-2 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup
- Mix all the ingredients and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the bars in a preheated oven (170 ° C) for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then cut them into even rectangles with a knife and let the bars cool. And your high protein snack is ready. Alternatively, you can also use a cereal bar mold.
2. A healthy snack without giving up: chocolate bars
Taste chocolaty and healthy at the same time? If you are wondering how to do this, stay tuned. Here we have a bar for true chocolate fans.
120 g rolled oats, 30 g acai cocoa mix (herbal medicine), 50 g margarine, 30 g brown sugar, 50 g dark chocolate
- Mix together the oatmeal and the acai cocoa mixture. The margarine is then melted in the pan. If this is liquid, add it to the oatmeal and cocoa mixture and add the brown sugar.
- Then pour the finished mixture into a greased saucepan and flatten it with a spoon or spatula. The bars are then baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- After cooking, let the bars cool. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Then spread it on the cooled dough. In order for the chocolate to cool well, it is best to put everything in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then all you have to do is cut the rectangular bars and your chocolate snack is ready.
3. For endurance athletes: the energy bar
This bar gives you the energy portion you need in the form of healthy carbohydrates, especially for endurance sports.
100 g rolled oats, 150 g wholemeal flour, 50 g melted butter, 50 ml water, 100 g coconut flakes, 100 g honey, optionally 30 g raisins
- Mix all the ingredients and pour the mixture into a greased pan.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Then cut into bars, let cool and enjoy.
4. Fruity-sweet bar
This recipe is particularly suitable for the summer, because you don’t need the oven for the delicious bars.
150 g of dried cherries, 20 g of dates or pitted apricots, 100 g of chopped almonds, a pinch of cinnamon
- Soak the dried fruit in warm water for 5-10 minutes. Then pour in the water and mix the dried fruit with the other ingredients to create a viscous mass.
- Then pour the mixture into a donut mold that you have previously brushed with a drizzle of oil. After 30 minutes in the refrigerator you can cut the bars from the mass.