Sports

Media: Separation not impossible: Salihamidžić’s support at Bayern is crumbling

Medium: Separation not impossible
Salihamidžić’s support for Bayern is crumbling

A media report returns to make headlines about FC Bayern: a day after a disagreement on the squad between coach Julian Nagelsmann and sporting director Hasan Salihamidžić was reported, the council is now said to be viewed more and more critically on the inside .

Now FC Bayern are finally starting to play on the transfer market. With the Moroccan Noussair Mazraou comes a new right-back. There is a lot of good news for the Monaco team in this personality: (1) the 24-year-old arrives on a free transfer from Ajax Amsterdam, (2) he is a man prepared for the key position, (3) he feels the offensive drive wanted by the coach and (4) raises (provisionally) the ds Hasan Salihamidžić, reported intensely in recent days. He is said to be in “seething” clinch with coach Julian Nagelsmann. Not on a personal level, which he distinguishes the current dissent from that between “Brazzo” and former coach Hansi Flick, but purely on a sporting level.

Because FC Bayern, it’s no secret, they are under pressure. The club moves in a complicated field of tension between economic reason (limited possibilities) and the urgent conversion work of the squad. The club cannot afford another summer in which the squad is weaker across the board and perhaps even at the top, given the uninterrupted great ambitions at national and international level. Salihamidžić is particularly responsible for this.

And after the “Sport Bild” had already reported Wednesday that there was a crunch between the director and the coach, the “Abendzeitung” now follows and says that the Bosnian’s work is increasingly being questioned internally. His future is considered “uncertain”. Despite the contract until summer 2023, “an early separation is also possible”. The newspaper does not report how concrete all this is. The sporting director has “few supporters” with the record champions. However, his friend and sponsor Uli Hoeneß should continue to be one of them. The patriarch’s influence in the club should still be immense despite his retirement.

There is no rest in the team

Nobody knows how good or bad Munich’s financial chances are to get the big transfers this summer. One can only assume. Salihamidžić, among others, had already admitted weeks ago that the situation was not that simple. This apparently explains the reluctance in the market and in contractual talks with Robert Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry. Personal data is causing quite a stir. Both players are said to be planning their release at the moment, according to various media outlets. In the case of the Polish top scorer, the desire to change is even very concrete, reports “Sport” aktuell. The player has given the green light for the signing at FC Barcelona. Now the updates on Lewandowski have been underway for weeks, but they are stressing FC Bayern and their sporting director. And if there is no peace in the club at this level, it falls within the functional area of ​​Salihamidžić.

The team’s yards are already large. One seems closed with Noussair Mazraou. He is already considered the first true right-back since the days of the legendary Philipp Lahm. An official mortgage that is put on the shoulders there (in the media). Club colleague Ryan Gravenberch is the first choice for the central midfielder and a likely newcomer. Rumors about French world champion Paul Pogba, on the other hand, should be an air pump. Other yards in pink: a noisy defense chief and a classic six. At least it seems settled. Monaco should bet on Konrad Laimer of RB Leipzig. The coach, who is also under observation after a good debut season (but nothing more), would also like “one or two pressers”. Not easy, but doable. The situation becomes extremely difficult if Lewandowski leaves really early and leaves the club in the summer.

Who could help?

The Pole is said to have received an extremely profitable phone call from Catalonia. Up to 30 million euros wave the attacker with a change. According to information from ntv.de, he currently earns around 24 million euros in Monaco. For the record champions, then, the question arises: is a new contract with an adequate salary worth for a 33-year-old or should the striker be divested now before the contract expires next summer. This question is closely intertwined with a second one: who would be available and able to help?

Haaland is the most exciting alternative on the market. What is left? Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku? A muscular guy, good at closing, but certainly very expensive as a package. Liverpool’s Sadio Mane? A coup, but really realistic given the limited budget in Munich? Patrick Schick of Bayer Leverkusen? Who once in Leipzig hasn’t had fun (because unsuccessfully) with Nagelsmann? Rather risky. Sebastien Haller of Ajax Amsterdam? It is not the category FC Bayern thinks in and which is under discussion at Borussia Dortmund. Cristiano Ronaldo? Oh good.

About the author

hiyabad

Leave a Comment