When visiting Ikea, a trip to the restaurant is usually a must. As this wasn’t always possible in Corona’s time, the Swedish furniture store published the recipe for the popular Köttbullar instead.
There were many restrictions during the Corona crisis: for example, it was not always possible to go to a restaurant. Swedish furniture store Ikea was also aware of this and in 2020 made many customers happy on Twitter in 2020.
Because that’s where the furniture store released the recipe for the popular Köttbullar with cream sauce. “Are you missing Ikea meatballs? We have created a recipe for you to prepare this delicious dish in the comfort of your home,” reads the tweet. The recipe is designed in such a way as to remember Ikea instructions for assembling furniture.
Recipe: Köttbullar with sauce
For the six-step meatball recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 500 g of minced meat
- 250 g of ground pork
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 1 n.
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the sauce:
- the oil
- 40 g of butter
- 40 g of light flour
- 150 ml of vegetable broth
- 150 ml of meat broth
- 150 ml of double cream
- 1 TL Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Mix the two types of minced meat and pork with your hands so that there are no lumps. Then add the onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg and mix well. Finally add the milk and season well with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into small, round balls. Place them on a plate and let them cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours, covered – this will help them keep their shape later in cooking.
- Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the balls and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- When the balls are golden brown, remove them from the pan and cook them in a covered dish in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees above / below or at 160 degrees ventilated.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour with a whisk and mix for about 2 minutes. Then add the vegetable and beef broth while mixing. Now add the double crème, mustard and soy sauce and let the sauce simmer until creamy.
Serve the Köttbullar with mashed potatoes or small boiled potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!