Carrot hot dog recipe
Our vegetarian hot dogs prove it: grilling without meat can be so delicious! Carrot hot dogs make vegetarians’ hearts beat faster, are low in calories, and also taste good for meat eaters. Here we explain how it works.
Ingredients for vegetarian hot dogs
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 Soybeans
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoked seasoning (liquid smoke)
- 4 Bundmöhren (approx. 100 g)
- 2 pickles
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 EL Sen
- 2 THE Ketchup
- 100 g sauerkraut (canned)
- 4 EL Röstzwiebeln
- Whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and liquid smoke in a bowl. Peel the carrots, leaving some of the greenery, put them in the freezer bag with the marinade, close and put in the freezer for at least 36 hours. Then let the carrots thaw in the marinade overnight.
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices. Slice the sandwiches. Mix the mustard and ketchup in a bowl. Place the carrots on the grill and grill until completely browned, about 5 minutes. Place the cut side of the rolls briefly on the wire rack and brown until crispy.
- Spread the ketchup and mustard on the sandwich halves. Arrange the cucumber slices on the bottom half. Spread the sauerkraut on top, lay the carrots on top and serve sprinkled with fried onions.
Energy and nutritional information for the recipe
Also interesting for you: