Crazy recovery Freiburg!
Four days after entering the cup final with a 3-1 win at HSV, manager Christian Streich’s team reached 0-2 against Gladbach and even took the lead 3-2, before the guests scored their 3rd goal in injury time: 3 create! A crazy game!
A small repair for Gladbach. After the 0: 6 of the first leg against Freiburg and the derby against Cologne last week. However, their own supporters settle scores with the Borussia stars!
The frustration after the 1: 3 against Cologne is very great among the Gladbach fans. They destroy their team with a huge poster: “No fight, no will, no characters, you are a disgrace to the city and the club”. poster at the stadium …
1 minute: Gladbach’s First Attack! Hofmann passes the ball in the middle, the skin is touched by Höfler, who is astride the front. After eleven seconds! The game continues. Then the video referee intervenes! The scene is examined. And there are … PENALTIES!
Slow motion shows: Höfler touches the ball on the ground with his right arm outstretched. hand ball!
3. Minute: Bensebaini takes the penalty and hits flat in the lower right corner. 1: 0 for guests.
13. Minute: Embolo starts on the right, shakes off the Bald-Dortmunder Schlotterbeck and hits the ball from seven meters. 0: 2! What’s going on here?
Frozen Gladbach: Two shots on goal, two goals. This is reminiscent of Freiburg’s 6-0 first leg win. Freiburg were 3-0 up after twelve minutes, today Gladbach was 2-0 up after 13 minutes.
48. Minute: Höfler falls to the ground after a corner. 49 seconds are played only in the second half and the video referee investigates again – and still decides on the penalty! Slow motion shows: Lainer had shot down Höfler.
49. Minute: Grifo converts the penalty in the lower right to 1: 2.
58. Minute: Wrong throw-in by Eggestein. Also rarely seen! The former Bremer is on the field, obviously he is not allowed to do so. A mistake like the F-Juniors …
61. Minute: Compensation! Günter slams the thing into an 18-meter plate. mega applause! Jogi Löw is sitting in the stands and you can see a slight smile on his face.
80. Minute: 3: 2! Folly! Lienhart heads into a corner from four meters.
90. Minute + 3: The 3: 3! Crazy! Stindl is successful with the head.