When it comes to wrinkle injections, naturalness comes first. Wrinkles on the forehead, lips, cheeks or eyes should disappear, for outsiders, however, the intervention should remain as invisible as possible. Injections with hyaluronic acid and botox (in moderation!) Are the first choice. But that should change now – with Sculptra, the new wrinkle killer.
Was it ist Sculptra?
Sculptra is composed of polylactic acid, a biostimulant. In contrast to the Botox neurotoxin, which paralyzes the facial muscles, Sculptra stimulates them regeneration of collagen On. The skin appears fresh, rejuvenated and plumped, but makes the face anything but stiff and unnatural.
When and how does Sculptra work?
Contrary to wrinkle injections with Botox or hyaluronic acid, The wrinkle-filling effect of Sculptra is only really visible after about 2-3 months. Sculptra solution is broken down by the body 2-3 weeks after injection – only then does the stimulating effect of polylactic acid begin. New collagen is formed, wrinkles are filled. The wait? It is worth it. And for several reasons.
Sculptra reduces wrinkles, not just on the face
Why is a Sculptra treatment so popular right now? Quite simply: polylactic acid can be used in many different ways. And it’s not just effective against wrinkles:
- Sculptra is used to treat deep wrinkles (e.g. nasolabial lines, puppet lines …)
- Sunken cheeks (hollow cheeks) and scars can be filled with Sculptra.
- With a targeted injection, the eye can be optically opened.
- Bruises after liposuction (fat reduction) can be reduced.
- With Sculptra, the backdrop acquires volume and appears firmer and more uniform.
- The neck, neckline, upper arms and thighs can also be smoothed and tightened with Sculptra.
- Hip dips can also be alleviated with minimally invasive treatment.
Danger: Sculptra is not suitable for all parts of the body. Polylactic acid should not be used for crow’s feet, nose, corners of the mouth and eyelids, as complications can occur here.
How long does it take to lift the liquid?
The shelf life of Sculptra varies from patient to patient. On average, the lifting of the liquid lasts 18 months. However, the experience of some patients shows that Liquid Lifting can last 2 years or more.
Also interesting: Squalane – the miraculous weapon of natural beauty >>
How much does a Sculptra treatment cost?
The cost of a Sculptra treatment depends on the number of vials used and the sessions required. The cost of a Sculptra facial treatment starting from around 400 euros. However, for the sake of your health, don’t let yourself be tempted by particularly cheap treatments. These can quickly lead to traps and associated complications.
How often can Sculptra be used?
Two to four treatments are required for optimal results. Up to four Sculptra treatments can be performed at intervals of approximately 6-8 weeks.
It is necessary to keep this in mind after the treatment
- Avoid direct contact with the skin.
- Apply cold packs to the affected area for the first 24 hours after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Gently massage the area to be treated with circular movements for the first 5 days.
- Avoid sunlight and UV rays.
- Avoid makeup and creams for the first two hours after the treatment.
When should Sculptra not be used?
Although polylactic acid is very well tolerated, it can unwanted side effects to come. It is therefore essential to clarify a possible allergy or intolerance in advance. Sculptra is also not licensed
- blood thinners
- keloid scars or severe scars
Sculptra side effects
As with any wrinkle injection, temporary side effects can also occur with a Sculptra treatment. These include, for example:
- slight redness of the skin
In rare cases, clumping, hardening or inflammatory reactions may also occur. These side effects are mainly caused by improper administration of the liquid facelift.
The pros and cons of Sculptra
Not sure if Sculptra treatment is right for you? To make your decision easier, we have summarized all the advantages and disadvantages of liquid lifting for you:
Benefits of Sculptra
- It works naturally
- It stimulates the skin’s collagen production
- The active ingredient has a long shelf life
- The side effects are minor
- No operation is required
- Deep wrinkles are smoothed out
- The lower volume is increased without surgery and anesthesia
Disadvantages of Sculptra
- The result will be visible only after 2-3 months
- Facial wrinkles (forehead wrinkles, expression lines, eye wrinkles, upper lip wrinkles) should not be treated with Sculptra. A treatment with Botox or hyaluronic acid is best suited for this.